From Bangkok, take highway 7 (Bangkok-Chonburi motorway) from Lad Krabang or the km maker 8 on Bangna-Trat Road. Get off the motorway at Ban Beung junction, and continue with highway 344 (Ban Beung-Klaeng Road) until you reach highway 3 at Klung district of Chantaburi. Go further pass Khao Saming district until you reach Trat. The total distance is approximately 314 kilometers.
From Ekkamai bus terminal, there are VIP, first class and second class buses to Trat. The journey takes around 4 hours.
- Transport Company: 0 2391 8097, 0 3951 1986
- Suparat Tour: 0 2391 2331, 0 3951 1481
- Cherdchai Tour: 0 2391 2237, 0 3951 1062
-Chok Annukul Tour: 0 2392 7680, 03951 1208
From Mo Chit bus terminal, there are first class buses to Trat, The journey takes around 5 hours.
- Suparat Tour: 0 2936 3388, 0 2936 3939
- Cherdchai Tour: 0 2936 0199
Bangkok Airways plane files to Trat twice a day, the journey takes around 40 minutes.
Bangkok Airways: 0 2265 555, 0 2265 5678
From Trat to Koh Chang:
1. Laem Ngob Port: Located 17 km from Trat town, tourists could find minibus to Laem Ngob Port at the fresh market in downtown. The boat to Dan Kao Port at Koh Chang leaves from 07.00 am to 05.00 pm. The journey takes around 1 hour.
2. Center Point Port: Located 23 km from Trat town, before reaching Ao Thammachart is Center Point Port. The large ferry to Dan Kao Port at Koh Chang leaves from 06.00 am to 08.00 pm. The journey takes around 1 hour.
3. Ao Thammachart Port: Located 25 km from Trat town,
Ao Thammachart Port actually has 2 ports.
Koh Chang Ferry: The ferry leaves from Ao Thammachart to Koh Chang Ferry Port every 45 minutes from 06.30 am to 06.30 pm. The journey takes around 45 minutes. (0 3953 8318)
Ferry Koh Chang: The ferry leaves from Ao Thammachart to Ao Sapparod Port at Koh Chang from 07.00 am to 07.00 pm. The journey takes around 20 minutes. (0 3958 8318)
You can read Koh Chang hotel reviews
and booking hotels in Koh Chang at triponsale.com